European Academic Research ISSN 2286-4822
ISSN-L 2286-4822
Impact Factor: 3.4546 (UIF)
DRJI Value : 5.9 (B+)
Article Details :
Article Name :
Impact of Human Resource Management (HRM) Practices on Employee Attitudes and Behavior: An Empirical Study on Manufacturing Industry in Bangladesh
Author Name :
Gazi Md. Shakhawat Hossain, Saira Fareen, Maruf Hasan
Publisher :
Bridge Center
Article URL :
Abstract :
HRM is concerned with the human beings in an organization. “The management of man” is a challenging job because of the dynamic nature of the people. It has often been said that the most important asset of any business is its employees. Indeed, people and the management of people are increasingly seen as key elements of competitive advantage. Meanwhile, the HRM issues of manufacturing industry in Bangladesh have not been studied yet. Even in the international arena, similar type of study has been rarely investigated in the context of developing countries. The present study attempts to bridge this gap, by examining the influence of human resource management practices on employee attitudes and behavior. The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of human resource management practices on employee attitudes and behavior. Descriptive survey research design was used in this study. Convenient sampling had been applied to collect data through questionnaires and interview schedules. Prior to the main study, a pilot study was carried out to ascertain the validity and reliability of the research instruments. Keeping in view of theories and facts that a theoretical model was proposed in this study. SPSS 16 used to analyze collected data. The study revealed that, 77.1% variations in employee attitudes and behavior due to the independent predictors of recruitment and selection, training and development, performance appraisals, compensation and rewards, motivation, and maintenance which is very high. The rest of the 22.9% contribution toward employee attitudes and behavior is explained by other prominent drivers. Overall result of the study recommends that the establishment of a higher implementing level of recruitment and selection, training and development, Performance Appraisals, Compensation and Rewards, Motivation and Maintenance that will elucidate to a higher level of positive employee attitudes and behavior.
Keywords :
HR Practices, Organizations, Employee Attitudes, Employee Behavior.

Announcements
New Launched Project
onlineresearch
Recommend & Share